On-Site Retirement Planning Courses
In addition to teaching courses at colleges and universities, I also provide on-site retirement planning courses for companies and organizations.
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 267-427-5667 to discuss scheduling a course for your employees, co-workers, or organization members.
Here is a list of topics covered during the course:
Section 1 - Lifestyle Planning:
- How will you spend your time during retirement?
- How will you avoid boredom and a sense of loss?
Section 2 - Expense Planning:
- How much will you spend per year during retirement?
- How will inflation impact your expenses over time?
Section 3 - Income Planning:
- How can you make the most of your social security benefits?
- Which pension option should you select?
- Will you have an income surplus or shortfall in retirement?
- How can you use investment accounts to generate income without touching principal?
Section 4 - Investment Planning:
- Do you have a collection of investments or do you have an investment plan?
- How can you control market risk during retirement?
- How can you control inflation risk during retirement?
- How will you use your investment portfolio to generate income?
- How can you prevent emotions from corroding your investment plan?
Section 5 - Tax Planning:
- How will you be taxed when you take withdrawals from retirement accounts?
- How will you be taxed on social security and pension income?
- How can you build tax-free assets into your retirement plan?
- Which types of investments should you hold within Roth accounts?
Section 6 - Healthcare Planning:
- How much should you plan to spend on healthcare costs in retirement?
- What does Original Medicare cover?
- How can you fill the gaps in Original Medicare coverage?
- How can you plan for long-term care expenses?
Section 7 - Estate Planning:
- Who will make decisions on your behalf if you become incapacitated?
- What are the downsides of the probate process?
- Which of your assets would pass through probate as of today?
- How can you strengthen your estate plan?
- How can you leave a legacy that makes a positive impact in the lives of others?